Becoming a Superb Cosmetologist Is
When You Attend Our
Reasons Why You Should Attend:
Do you love making hair
look beautiful, but don't have the necessary skill set to turn
your passion into a living? Enroll in our Smithville, Missouri, cosmetology school for
fun and exciting classes that help you develop your skills as
a cosmetologist. Donna's Academy of Hair Design is an
established cosmetology school offering you
cosmetology classes from experienced instructors within small
- If you aren't the type who wants to spend life after high school taking post-secondary education, then you'll be pleased to know that the training to become a professional hairdresser often takes less than a year! You'll be in and out of school before you know it and headed for the working world.
- Freedom Of An Entrepreneur: As a licensed stylist, you'll have the freedom to work when you want and as much as you want. If you prefer to work Mondays through Fridays, you can choose to do so. If you'd only like to work weekends, the choice is up to you. As a stylist, you're an entrepreneur. Most people who graduate from cosmetology school work in salons. They build their own businesses and experience the freedom that entrepreneurs enjoy.
- You Can Make Your Own Schedule Some stylists prefer to begin working in the afternoon to catch clients during their lunch break. Others like booking appointments with their clients after normal business hours, so they can enjoy the day, doing whatever they please while helping their clients in the evening. When you work in a salon, some salons allow you to set your own schedule that is best-suited for your needs. Do you have a young child that requires you to be home during the day? You have the freedom to do so as a licensed stylist.
- Your Income Reflects Your Work Have you ever heard your friends complaining about their jobs not paying them what they're truly worth? When you're working as a stylist, the amount and type of work you do in the salon has a direct, often immediate, affect on your income. The more clients you help, the more money you can make. If the thought of controlling your income is appealing to you, being a licensed stylist may be the profession for you.
- You Enjoy Working With Hair And Makeup Working with your clients' hair and makeup can be exciting. First, you're helping them to look their best. Second, you can let your creative spark show as you try new and provocative styles. Your clients give you a lot of control over how they're perceived by the people who see them. This is one of the reasons why being a stylist is so rewarding.
- You Can Work With Celebrities Many aspiring stylists attending cosmetology school want to eventually work in the world of entertainment and fashion. If you develop your creativity and skills, you could very well be asked to style the hair and makeup of models and celebrities. Many stylists work in salons at first to learn the latest cutting-edge techniques and then move on to working with music personalities, actors, politicians and other people in the public eye.
- Opportunity For Earning Commissions Not only do you control your income by the amount and type of work you do for your clients; you can increase your earnings by getting paid commissions for hair care and beauty products that you encourage your clients to purchase. Your clients need these products anyway. Why not buy them while they're at the salon? If a new product comes out that would be perfect for one of your customers, simply suggest it to them and you'll make a commission for the sale. Everybody wins.
- You Want To Avoid Working In An Office You probably have friends who have told you about the horrors of working in an office. The stories usually focus on utter boredom, lack of training, managerial incompetence, gripes against fellow employees and other problems that can make Corporate America seem like the last place you'd want to work. When you become a stylist, you effectively avoid the office setting. You work in a salon with other motivated stylists on a schedule that suits your personality.
- You Enjoy Talking With People As a licensed stylist, you'll have the opportunity to talk to friends, your co-workers and your clients throughout the entire day. If you enjoy speaking with interesting people (don't we all?), you'll definitely enjoy your career as a cosmetologist. Every day is different. Each client will have new stories whenever they visit. You'll find yourself becoming friends with many of your clients. In fact, talking with people is a major part of your job!
- Aside from being able to play around with people's hair all day, it's rewarding to make a person look and feel great with a new haircut. Plus it's great to know that when a happy customer leaves, they'll come back - and bring all their friends with them!
- It pays to be a celebrity hairstylist - "I grew up in a town of $8 haircuts, and now the world is interested in my work!!" - celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves
Celebrity hairstylists now have the ability to become celebrities themselves thanks to the public's fascination with the high-priced workd of the entertainment industry.
- Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain's presidential campaign? It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin's traveling makeup artist, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission. Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show "So You Think You Can Dance?" was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. In addition, Angela Lew, who is Ms. Palin's traveling hair stylist, got $10,000 for "Communications Consulting" in the first half of October.
- According to employment and salary experts such as Degree Directory, Indeed.com and the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, hairstylists in 2010 earn between $17,940 and $60,110 per year.
Donna's Academy of Hair Design
An Independently Owned
MATRIX C.R.A.F.T. School
Our manageable student-to-instructor ratio allows for
superior cosmetology instruction, a fact not lost on
various salons and spas as they're always looking to hire our
students after graduation! Contact our cosmetology school now for more
details about our many cosmetology classes and the subjects we
A Word from Our Founder
received my cosmetology license in 1972, and decided to use my
many years of experience to open this cosmetology school in
2003. My dedication to the cosmetology profession has earned
me a "Certificate of Achievement" from Matrix Global Academy
in New York and we are a member of the Missouri Association of Cosmetology
About Our Cosmetology School
This is a career that you can be proud of... after completing our 1500 hour program you must complete and pass a Missour State Board exam (for Cosmo)
- We are one of the professions that require a State professional license which must be maintained.
- We're a
1,500-Hour Certified Program
- Our Instructors Are
Certified & Licensed
Missouri State Board
Start on the First Tuesday of
- Call Today!
|E-mail us or call our cosmetology school
today at (816) 532-3334 to
set up a time for a tour.|